Finnish Transport Safety Agency (Trafi)
Trafi develops the safety of the transport system, promotes environmentally friendly transport solutions and is responsible for transport system regulatory duties.
- issues permits, regulations, approvals and decisions and prepares legal rules regarding the transport sector;
- arranges examinations, handles transport sector taxation and registration, and provides reliable information services;
- oversees the transport market as well as compliance with rules and regulations governing the transport system;
- participates in international co-operation;
- ensures the functionality of the transport system even in emergency conditions and when normal operations are disrupted;
- creates opportunities for innovative development of intelligent transport;
- informs the public of transport-related choices.
We enable well-being and competitiveness from transport
Courage and co-operation
Influencing: Trafi shows the way and actively influences the drafting of transport policy and fulfilment of transport policy objectives.
Customers and services: Trafi is a pioneer in customer-oriented public services.
Information: Transport system development and provision of services to traffic is based on active utilisation of information.
Personnel: Trafi is the best place to work at.